Attract a New You

I have a challenge for all of you interested in using the Law of Attraction to your advantage.

Working with this law requires a lot of diligence and the ability to clearly state what it is you want. Faulty thinking is the bane of all who begin this work. When I say faulty I mean thinking that is confusing - you need to be stating what you want and not what you don't want. As tempting as it appears to be for all of us, defining what you want by stating what you don't want actually does nothing but give you what you don't want. I have no idea how double negatives work with the Law of Attraction but I would venture a guess and state that they are probably more confusing than just a simple negative and shouldn't be used either.

Become aware of your thought processes which are fed by what you say and what you think in your head. I challenge each of you to become aware of the use of negatives in your everyday speaking and thinking. Specifically negatives that are attached to verbs - can't, won't, don't, shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't - you get the idea. And more specifically I can't, I don't, I won't, I shouldn't, I couldn't, I wouldn't. These are negative verbs and conjure negative actions.

What you want to use are verbs stating forward moving action - I want, I will, I can. So for the next week, starting right now, I want you to really listen to yourself speak and think - make notes and keep track of your adventures. Yes, you will start to notice everyone elses negatives as well but we aren't concerned with them at the moment. For now you concentrate on you because what you say to yourself is far more damaging than what everyone else is saying - of course that's probably no comfort to Don Imus at the moment but then they were negative comments so you get what you think.

I want to hear about your adventures with this, so please comment as you begin to eliminate your personal negatives.

No comments: